Monitor not receiving signal from gpu

Christian Lghtnngl

Reputable
Apr 30, 2015
My pc works fine and well since i bought a new gpu...
it was 1 month ago i think..

Then 1 day . when i turn on my pc. everythings works well.. fans lights are turning etc.. but no display on monitor.. before this thing happened.. (The last day) i remove my gpu and blow the dust, so basically... i cleaned it by blowing not using wipes, blower etc just my mouth..

but when i seated it.. i cant receive signal... what should i do?

I can connect to Onboard and i have access to my pc but i cant play games.
help pls

Solution
Is it showing up in the device manager? If it's not showing in the device manager there are two possibilities:

1) Reseating the card. Heat cycling causes expansion/contraction and things can work their way out.
2) Does it have an PEG power connector (6/8 pin)? Is that connected? Is that supplying power? (check via multimeter). If it has a PEG power connector, it REQUIRES that connector to be, well, connected. If it doesn't have a PEG connector, then it draws all power from the board.

Those are the two main things I can think of. Even if it has a driver issue, it would still come up as a 'standard VGA adapter' until the driver was properly installed to utilize the specific hardware.

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished
Is it showing up in the device manager? If it's not showing in the device manager there are two possibilities:

1) Reseating the card. Heat cycling causes expansion/contraction and things can work their way out.
2) Does it have an PEG power connector (6/8 pin)? Is that connected? Is that supplying power? (check via multimeter). If it has a PEG power connector, it REQUIRES that connector to be, well, connected. If it doesn't have a PEG connector, then it draws all power from the board.

Those are the two main things I can think of. Even if it has a driver issue, it would still come up as a 'standard VGA adapter' until the driver was properly installed to utilize the specific hardware.

Solution
If you have an on-board video card, that's usually gets in the way. If you do have one, connect the monitor to it. if it works, you needs to go into the bios and disable it, then connect the monitor to the video card and it will work.
That's what i had to do on my system.

Also make sure any 6 or 8 pin cord is connected to the video card, according to what is required for it.

Christian Lghtnngl

Reputable
Apr 30, 2015
@ffg7 ill try
@rookie it doesnt need aditional power and it does not showing on device manager. and also i already uninstall the drivers of gpu when im connected to onboard cuz i think it was a software problem...
@computertech i have onboard.. im connected to it. thats why im here..i also tried removing cmos... but still the same problem.. i also tried setting pci/pcie as the main video adapter but still cant connect.

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished

I would try this: If you have another PCIe slot, try putting the card into that and see if it comes up (could be a bent pin or bad PCIe slot). If it still does not work, then I'm going to call it that your GPU has gone bad.