I'm a noob at building what should i do?

LinoGTX

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015
Hey guys this is my first post!

Anyway i have not built a pc before and i'm looking into doing so, but i'm unsure on whether that the components that i have picked are compatible. Could you guys give some tips or a new build. I would like it to be amd, my budget is around $800 AUD but i will go over if beneficial. Also would it be better to get good parts but not get a high end GPU and then upgrade when i have the cash or just buy a decent GPU. Heres my build so far thanks guys
regards, LinoGTX
http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/Kczq8d

Hmm...that's hard choice. You COULD take something like GTX750Ti 2gb at first, and use that extra 100$ for better cpu.
But at the same time, the cpu isn't the most important part in gaming.

Let's make it this way:

Do you mind possibly upgrading the whole system in 2 years, or do you rather upgrade gpu next year and then cpu 2-3 years after that.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You've got a good start, it'll be a respectable budget build. However, the 6300 is an overclocking beast and wont truly see maximum performance until it's going a decent amount of speed. I'd do some reading and researching as to the hight of available cpu coolers that will fit in that BitFenix case and add a good one. OC is by no means necessary, but for amd fx Cpus it's a good boost in performance especially in single threaded games such as skyrim and other single thread apps. Aim for 4.3Ghz or better to put you on @ the same footing as a decent Intel i5

LinoGTX

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015

I would rather upgrade gpu then the cpu a few years after.

LinoGTX

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015

Yeah i will OC maybe a few months after the build. Also it says your good with power supplies is that a decent power supply or maybe go for a different one.

I would say that invest a bit more on a better cpu then.
By getting GTX750Ti, you can use the 100$ on getting either FX-8320/FX-8350 + better motherboard (990X motherboard) and even higher quality PSU.

Or you can get a H97 motherboard with Intel i5.

You will probably gain more by getting the FX-8320 + 990X motherboard + higher quality psu.(600W, for future gpu + a bit upgrade headroom)
Sure CX is good, but since there should be enough left on the budget, you might as well get something like EVGA SuperNova.