{Build Help} What hard drive should i be looking for?

Callum Ewing

Reputable
Jun 8, 2015
At the moment I am building a pc and was wondering if the brand of hard drive mattered or if it what was just the amount of space? Also do you have any recomendations for what are the best hard drives.

NBSN

Admirable
It all depends on what you want. Some brands are more reliable than others...but you also have to look at the specific models to see how reliable a particular model is. And what specs that model has.

I would personally recommend an SSD and HDD(s). I like the Samsung Pro Evo SSDs, and the Toshiba 3 TB
http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-3-5-Inch-SATA3-Drive-DT01ACA300/dp/B00B229W04/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1433743109&sr=1-1&keywords=toshiba+hard+drive&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_four_browse-bin%3A8067153011
is what I use (two of them in my setup). Quite a few people have issues with the Toshiba ones because of a bad batch that got out apparently, but mine have been awesome.

I use the Toshiba ones for recording and editing videos and have used them a lot. Off the top of my head I have used them each to store at least 60 TB of data so far with no issues.