Which dedicated GPU should I get later on to go with this APU? And some other stuff.

Blumalicious

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
I'm new to this website, and I am fairly inexperienced with computer building, hence the question... So bear with me here.
I am just recently starting to upgrade my rig, switching out the motherboard and AMD duel core APU (Only like, 1.35 Ghz), partly because the gpu on it died and wouldn't come back, despite my valiant attempts to save it.
The motherboard and APU were nothing to get excited about, but I plan on keeping the 450W supply and 2X4 GB sticks of RAM. I also have 1TB of HDD space. Thinking about getting a 256GB SSD later, but that's another story.
New motherboard was recommended to me by my brother, who hopefully knows about this stuff, since it's his job. "ASUS Micro ATX DDR3 2400 FM2 Motherboard A78M-A". (Already bought it, was on sale)
It looks good, and apparently it has a good PCI-E slot too, whatever that means.
And APU-wise, I plan on getting the "AMD Quad-Core A8-Series APU A8-6600K with Radeon HD 8570D". I've read that the integrated gpu is pretty decent on this. I've also heard that I should instead get an A10 series one, but I'm not sure it'll work with the motherboard, and I'm on a budget of (hopefully) less than $150 for the APU.
I plan on picking up a dedicated gpu later as well, but I need the APU 'cause my computer as it is, it's just running off of the [old] motherboards standard vga adapter, which sucks a lot.
As for the separate gpu later on, when I have money again, I've been looking at the "GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+ 2GB", it looks promising, and reviews are good. Also, free Witcher 3 code with purchase.
So, final question, plus all that other crap above; will that gpu work nicely with the above listed motherboard and APU for some mid-upper end gaming? If not, what would you suggest instead? Different APU, GPU, or both?
Thanks in advance.
(PS: If it'd be better to get a normal CPU and then the GPU sooner, rather than later, could you suggest two that would work well together, and with the motherboard? Thanks)

Blumalicious

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015

So the AMD GPU will work with the APU? Like at the same time? And the other ones will just make the APU null and void?

Well, learn something new everyday...

The rest of it must be okay then, sweet.

Cool, thanks bro. Will look into that.