Lg monitor screen black off when u open dark images or video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsonversion

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
i have lg 23ea63 monitor.

i dun know how to properly explained this in english.

the monitor screen totally back off like switch off, but power is still on, when i open dark/black image or dark scene in a movie (it very annoying). it came back on when i move the mouse. i dun know if it happen when in game or not.
i have turned screen saving mode off
When i turn screen saving mode on, screen dim when its in dark scene and brighten again in light scene (but not off) its annoying too.

here the video-
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT_PSrrk5Xg"][/video]

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFl_qQoq_Ys"][/video]

how can i fix it?
or is it all lg monitor like this? or mine broke?

Reactions: ebonieisfuming
Odd. Never seen anything quite like that before, but the videos make it pretty clear that something is definitely not working as it should. I would personally start by inspecting the Advanced section of the Power Options in Control Panel and see if Adaptive Brightness is enabled, and run without it. Not much else comes to mind at the moment.

Found a few forum posts around the net from other LG owners with similar sounding issues. It's probably a dynamic contrast / power saving "feature." If you can peruse the settings for the screen, see if you have some dynamic contrast or power saving features available that you can turn off. Also, raising the black level *may* help, and if all else fails, finding some method to keep a single pixel on the screen at all times that is not black should at least be a possible work around. Might be worth playing with the brightness of that single pixel to see if you can make it dark enough to be indistinguishable while still preventing the panel's obnoxious behavior.

SnowMN

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2013
I dont know of what comfort what im going to say will be but it is indeed ur screen thats got an issue and its supposed to be in the power saving,now i remember i had the exact same issue on my IPS235 and had to send it back for checking and troubleshooting but to no avail since it came back exactly the way it is although they did manage to reproduce the issue,i have also gathered when i was roaming the www for more info that many of the ips series pc screens have had the same issue,i completely removed any power saving options there were in place for my GPU/LG and if recall my issue had stoped!

Status
Not open for further replies.