Tv display resolution being messed up

pcgamur

Reputable
Jun 11, 2015
So i have 2 24" 1080 benq monitors aswell as a 50" 1080p lg tv hooked up to my gpu, The resolutions are all set correctly but when i drag my browser to my TV it's all zoomed in and weird same with the bottom task bar it's all out of place and half way out of the bottom of the TV.

Solution
Enable PC mode/Game mode on your TV. In the "Picture Mode" you want to select "Game". If it still looks odd, then I would check if your TV is overscanning. The result of overscan (or underscan) is best noticeable on larger displays. Your 1920x1080 TV should display at it's native resolution, which is 1:1 pixel mapping. If it doesn't, you will introduce a slight blur, and lost fine detail. By default, TV's are set to 16:9, this is not 1:1 pixel mapping, and you should change it to one of these: "Screen-fit", "Dot-by-Dot", "Just Scan", "Overscan".
Enable PC mode/Game mode on your TV. In the "Picture Mode" you want to select "Game". If it still looks odd, then I would check if your TV is overscanning. The result of overscan (or underscan) is best noticeable on larger displays. Your 1920x1080 TV should display at it's native resolution, which is 1:1 pixel mapping. If it doesn't, you will introduce a slight blur, and lost fine detail. By default, TV's are set to 16:9, this is not 1:1 pixel mapping, and you should change it to one of these: "Screen-fit", "Dot-by-Dot", "Just Scan", "Overscan".

Solution