Hyundai i20 2010 Asta (India) stereo won't play music from my flash drive

G

Hello, I put some music .mp3 files on my flash drive to listen to in my new car. But it always shows "no song" whenever I plug the flash drive in. The car is the Indian Hyundai i20 Asta 1.4 Petrol with in-built in-dash stereo. Is there some kind of software I need to put on my flash drive to make it work with the car's stereo?

Solution

The hyundai usb only recognises the FAT formatted devices so chane your format from NTSC to FAT ,I think it will work ... let me know.

Or if it still does not work, try using USB's from different brands better use your friends USB drive

Update: One more thing, try with USB FAT32 formatted with 4GB or less capacity and check if it works.

If it still does not work .... take it up with Hyundai ... there...

Manish Tewari

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014

The hyundai usb only recognises the FAT formatted devices so chane your format from NTSC to FAT ,I think it will work ... let me know.

Or if it still does not work, try using USB's from different brands better use your friends USB drive

Update: One more thing, try with USB FAT32 formatted with 4GB or less capacity and check if it works.

If it still does not work .... take it up with Hyundai ... there might be something wrong with their firmware.

Solution
G

Thanks man, FAT32 worked. I had formatted my pen drive earlier to NTFS to handle 4+ gig items.
Thanks again for the help :)

Manish Tewari

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014

Happy to help :)