My monitor is going from bright to dull and back every 2 minutes

Stephen Whitson

Distinguished
May 22, 2013
my monitor is about 1 year old a DGM 2560 x 1440 resolution and recently it has started going from bright to dull and back every 2 minutes i have try'd my 980 , 980 ti and intel graphics all do the same , i have even try'd dvi, hdmi and still the same. I hope the monitors back light is not going but i would not think it would go off and on like this and it's not that old and i do not leave the monitor on all day and night. Anyone with any experiance with this please help i just got mt new Evga gtx 980 ti superclocked acx 2.0 today and i will not be able to afford another 2560 x 1440p monitor :( .

try the monitor on another computer to see if still does have that problem which it most likely will as you tried different cards & ports. unlikely is backlite problem but most likely is either the video controller or the power board in the monitor is causing the problem. with the power board it could be a domed capacitor that is causing it.

Stephen Whitson

Distinguished
May 22, 2013
I don't have another computer, but i can get another monitor. I have turned the brightness all the way to zero and it seems to be ok now, the thing is i would of thought it would make the picture really dark, but it just seems normal? any ideas why? i have heard these monitors are bad for the board exploding so you might be on to something there.