Network (3) AT&T U-Verse NVG510 Modems

techinix

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015
We are located in a business park that has the worst available internet known to exist. We are currently using a Motorola CPEi 25150 Sprint 4G Modem. I'm not even sure how or why it continues to work well but it does. We were grandfathered in with our unlimited data plan but Sprint is phasing out the WiMAX service so we needed to find another alternative.

Here is our current configuration:

Motorola CPEi 25150 Sprint 4G Modem
D-Link DIR-825 Extreme-N Dual-Band Gigabit Router
NETGEAR ProSAFE FS116 16-Port Fast Ethernet Desktop Switch
(6) 8x8 VoIP Desktop Phones
(6) PC Desktop Computers (each connected by the ethernet port on the VoIP phone)
(1) Konica Minolta Bizhub C280 Printer (everyone prints to this from the network)
Then everyone has their wireless devices connected (phones, tablets, laptops, etc.)

So all of that is powered by one 4G modem. It still blows my mind that it's been working this way since 2011 and we haven't ever really had any issues. Even with all of that going on we still get decent Speed Test results.

4428694748.png

So on to our new setup. The only service offered in this area is AT&T. We're so far away from the hub that the fastest package offered is 3MB U-Verse. After talking to customer service and explaining our setup they recommended we get (3) 3MB lines installed which we now have. We have (3) Arris NVG510 Wireless Router/Modems now installed.

My first thought was to just start unplugging cables from the Netgear switch and D-Link router and disperse them to each of the Arris modems. We don't share or access anything across the networks, everything we do is pretty much cloud based so the computers and phones just need internet access. My main concern is making sure all of the computers can connect and print to the Konica Minolta printer. Being that there 3 different modems, there are 3 different networks now correct? What would be the best way to configure this setup? Thank you so much for any and all suggestions.

the best way to deal with this mess is using a Quad WAN router:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704101

Configure two of the LAN port as WAN for a total of three WAN ports.

Have AT&T change the three modem/routers in to bridge mode (this sets them as modem only)

Connect the AT&T modems to the WAN Ports of the TP-Link.

connect your Netgear switch to one of the two remaining LAN ports of the TP-Link.

convert you DLink to an Access Point. Then connect it to the remaining LAN port of the TP-Link using one of the LAN ports of the DLink.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/36406-43-convert-wireless-router-wireless-access-point

This way everything is on the same network and can share the printer.

TRENDING THREADS