Monitor is losing signal at startup, computer stays on.

vandeen123

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015
Hi there, just started having this issue last night. I was playing a game and after about an hour and a half of playing, my computer went black and lost signal. I cannot hear any games noises, but my computer is still on and sounds fine. Fans running, lights are on. I rebooted my computer and it seemed to have fixed itself, but now today it did it again. Playing a game for about two hours, does the same thing. Now its gotten so bad, just starting up Windows it loses signal.

Checked as many other threads with similar issues to mine but none of them are solved. The video card was overclocked, set it back to default and its still doing it. The motherboard/chipset drivers are up to date.

Computer is almost two years old. Please let me know if any more information is needed. Thank you.

Update: Replaced hard drive and video card with other parts and its still doing the same thing. Replacing the power supply as I write this.

vandeen123

Reputable
Jun 13, 2015
Replaced the power supply and it fixed the issue. Been playing a game for like 15 minutes so far without issue, which is better than crashing at desktop. I'll update again if it crashes again.