CPU unusual high % and Laptop cooling itself despite not being at 100% CPU usage

TheMitjaX

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2015
My Laptop info:

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B970 @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
RAM: 4,00 GB (3,16 GB can still be used)
Type of system: 32-bit

I don't think you need to know more about my laptop... let's start talking anyway...

My CPU is going random it is sometimes low sometimes high... sometimes even moving with my mouse can give me high CPU for no reason... also I have been trying to solve this thing for like 3 days now but I don't know how... this started happening 4-6 days ago... I don't know what it caused it but my laptop had never been acting this way... I installed various PC fixers , anti-viruses but nothing had changed except some updates were made to the laptop but the problem with CPU and the fan blowing aren't solved yet... So today I was searching for CPU issues and came accross this website I hope you guys will help me finally get rid of this problem because I can't even play games because the CPU goes to 100% and the fan acts like it's going to explode... This happens with games like roblox , otherwise just opening a few chrome tabs makes the fan blow the wind like crazy... I don't know how to fix this... My physical memory is getting fucking high it's at 2,70GB http://oi58.tinypic.com/2pq287s.jpg It's usually like fucking 1,65 GB not 2,70GB damn laptop... also this is the list of my processes (I have only one chrome tab opened I don't know what are the others might be the extensions? I own only 2) http://oi60.tinypic.com/9bkk0j.jpg btw the laptop doesn't cool itself when GTA SA minimized only when it's being played... I already uninstalled programs and disabled them in the processes all the rest that are there are important to me... yes I have too much security programs... and please don't tell me crap like that I need to buy new laptop or RAM or something ... I ain't buying shit... don't bother replying if you're gonna tell me to buy/replace something... This laptop ain't even 3 years old... I'm gonna tell another problem there is but it's not about CPU well whenever I turn my laptop on some button is pressed hard and it is impossible to put laptop to sleep or anything like that I can only shutdown ti because laptop itself turns back on because of that button is probably stuck or something I don't know... and I had programs like SpeedFan for controlling fan and it didn't work my temperature of fans are around 45-57°C (they're changing duhhh) There were like 7 viruses removed by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and I had scanned computer with other programs like SUPERAntiSpyware,Advanced SystemCare 8,AVG PC TuneUp 2015,Kingsoft PC Doctor,Avast anti virus.. etc... I had also used programs like Smart Defrag 4 to defrag files... I cleaned the laptop just 1 day ago... because I wanted to get rid of those 2 problems CPU and blowing fan... and before saying anything about regedit.exe well my NDU file is missing and I don't know what is wrong there... so try to supply me with your best! (Sorry for long text this is my first time on here and I wanted to give you enough info)

Iamsoda

Distinguished
Clean off all those "fixing software", run malwarebytes free version, and see what you come up with. The CPU will run full frequency a lot, but shouldn't run 100% usage all the time. That cpu isn't the best. Check your task manager and see what is using what % during that time.

TheMitjaX

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2015
I Removed all the "fixing software" and anti viruses... except for two... avast free antivirus (its expiring in 1 year) and Malwarebytes anti-malware

This is when MBAM is running in the background http://oi59.tinypic.com/2djun4j.jpg
This is when it's searching for viruses http://oi60.tinypic.com/2hfn9c2.jpg
CPU usage http://oi60.tinypic.com/2qu5j5d.jpg
RAM usage http://oi62.tinypic.com/2m364hw.jpg

and it's still heating despite not being at 100% help

The CPU is still random high ... there haven't been any viruses found today and nothing is suspicious...

This is the history of CPU (if it helps)

Iamsoda

Distinguished

Has it always been this way?

TheMitjaX

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2015

I think you didn't read the whole thing? It's been there for like 7 days... don't know how it happend or why...

Iamsoda

Distinguished

Maybe try re seating the CPU?

TheMitjaX

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2015

Do you mean reseting? how do you even do that... I thought you were expert on this topic...

Iamsoda

Distinguished

NVM I changed my mind on you doing that. Try reloading the entire OS.

RE SEAT!!!!!!!! means to take the cpu out of its socket, clean it off, apply new thermal grease, and set it back in.

TheMitjaX

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2015

Ok thanks I will ask somebody to do this... and I thought I could do it without wasting my money...

Windows tends to get screwed up after years of use, there are ways to bandaid it back together but the easiest way to get it running like new is to reload windows. If you do reload windows backup all your stuff before hand.

Iamsoda

Distinguished

Yep that's what I said.

TheMitjaX

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2015
I know this topic has been inactive for like a month but there are next things that happened:

I didn't took CPU out of my laptop and cleaned it off. My laptop turned normal on 22st July for no known reason but I want you guys to tell me if this is okay or if something else will happen... The laptop is gonna get cleaned soon (getting rid of dust). But I hope that problem doesn't come back... Maybe gonna put thermal grease on it too but like I said before I have no idea about techinal things so yes... I asked my mom but she said she had never heard about this thermal grease. Thanks again for your help before but I'm not an adult yet and I can't just play with my laptop I mean with CPU so I have to wait for parents to do things for the laptop.

Thermal grease is actually very important. It fills in any gaps between the cpu and heatsink which helps the heat get conducted away from the cpu and to the heatsink where it is dissipated into the air. Without thermal grease sometimes know as a type of TIM (Thermal Interface Material) your cpu will mostly likely get too hot and either throttle down and run slow or shutdown completely.