A few random questions

Thealchemistx

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014
For a while now i have been wondering what do people in general think about some things compared to the actual advantages/disadvantages of them.For instance multiple monitor or a lcd/led tv for a monitor and going for a newer graphics card or going for sli/crossfire for an upgrade.

Solution
no it fine...right now in the pc parts world intel and the gpu vendors are dropping new cards ever 12-18 months. both nvidia and amd have slides showing there product line out to 2016 and latter.
for easy info will do amd cards.
amd started out with there 1000 line then went to 2000/3000/4000/5000/6000/7000 then there r200 some of them are rebranded 7000 cards some are will call the 8000 line and the newer cards will call the 9000 line.
if you had a 7800 card now and wanted more speed you would want to wait for the newer r300 line. someone rocking a 5800/6800 is stuck using old direct x9 as you need newer card for those games. also going from a 5x or 6x to a 7x card the newer cards are faster and use less power and run cooler. on...
with new hardware (gpu or cpu) you dont do it every year or you go broke. people with the 550/650 cards when the newer pascal cards drop next year it be work for them to upgrade (play directx 12). someone with the 750/960 cards upograding next year may not be in the cards unless the newer gpu use a lot less power then there cards or are a lot faster for about the same price. the same goes for haswell cpu and swapping to the newer skylake. if the leaks are right there only about 10 percent gain on switching to the newer cpu. the older sandy and ivy bridge cpu are still fine for gaming. the people wiith the 775 and older cpu would see a lot better speed from there pc on going to a newer cpu. the other issue with "hardware upgrades" is forced upgrades do to the vendor ending support on a part or brand or like ddr3-ddr-4 ram. ram vendors are going to start to switch to ddr-4 ram..causing ddr3 prices to go up as supplys go down.

Thealchemistx

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014
I am sorry if i left an impression that i wish to upgrade i was wondering for purchases in the distant future, now i am quite satisfied with my sapphire r9 290 :)

no it fine...right now in the pc parts world intel and the gpu vendors are dropping new cards ever 12-18 months. both nvidia and amd have slides showing there product line out to 2016 and latter.
for easy info will do amd cards.
amd started out with there 1000 line then went to 2000/3000/4000/5000/6000/7000 then there r200 some of them are rebranded 7000 cards some are will call the 8000 line and the newer cards will call the 9000 line.
if you had a 7800 card now and wanted more speed you would want to wait for the newer r300 line. someone rocking a 5800/6800 is stuck using old direct x9 as you need newer card for those games. also going from a 5x or 6x to a 7x card the newer cards are faster and use less power and run cooler. on nvidia side the older 250 cards used to run at 50c just sitting inside of windows. those cards are just a few years old. if your a gamer at some point your going to upgrade a gpu first then a cpu. most newer game dont lock up the higher end i7 yet but they do hit the cards that are just a few rev down the product line of both amd and nvida.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/9306/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-review/5
see one game and there is a gain from replacing an older 700x card with the newer 9x line. most games from the older line to the newer most time you may see a 10-20 percent gain. so would you spend 500.00 on a newer gpu for 3-5 fps speed??? with gaming pc when it time to let them go look into donating them for tax write off or see if someone in the family needs a newer pc. a lot of times your pre built pc will last 10 years with just a drive failure if good parts are used. so your to slow gaming rig will make a good web surfing pc for gandma or grand da.

Solution

Thealchemistx

Reputable
Jun 9, 2014
but of course,it has been done like that in my house for years since the days windows 98 was running on our pc,but the connection between games and hardware is driving me crazy,you buy a new powerful gpu which in half a year wont be able to run the newest games on the highest settings and in a year or so the same manufacturer releases a new series of cards that are simply too costly to buy,and trying to sell a gpu in my country to buy a new one is practically impossible, the interest is too small or even non existent and international trade is a bit complicated for me and honestly i do not have the time for it.and thank you for this bit of enlightenment