Second Monitor Question

Tken123

Reputable
Jun 15, 2015
Hi,

I was hoping to check to make sure. A few months ago I built a new pc. It runs everything great and handles the games I play fine.

I have two monitors, both VGA input, with only one set up. A basic AOC 21" 1080p Monitor, and I'd like to set up the second one, although it would be connected to the MOBO as opposed to the Graphics card. Would this slow down my PC too much? Especially if I'm recording mid/low range games like Minecraft and RuneScape 3?

The second monitor is virtually the same as the first, except 1600x900 and the (important ones I imagine) specs are as follows:

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 6570 (I'll be getting a GTX 970 or a R9 280x soon)
CPU: AMD FX 6300 6 Cores clocked at 3.5ghz
RAM: 8gb Crucial Ballistix
MOBO: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3
Hard Drive: 1tb Seagate

Thanks!

Solution
You can do that. I forget what the AMD option is though, something like "surround view" in the BIOS then set your BIOS to use the PCIe card as the main display. Might need to install drivers for it though, that is where most problems arise.

I've always had trouble getting it (the AMD version) to work properly but it is possible to do this and the only impact you get from it is some missing RAM it uses for the display.
You can do that. I forget what the AMD option is though, something like "surround view" in the BIOS then set your BIOS to use the PCIe card as the main display. Might need to install drivers for it though, that is where most problems arise.

I've always had trouble getting it (the AMD version) to work properly but it is possible to do this and the only impact you get from it is some missing RAM it uses for the display.

Solution