Screen Text Size and in game issues using a 43 inch Sharp 4K HDTV

greekgod013

Reputable
Oct 27, 2014
Hi I recently installed new hardware in my computer by upgrading the graphic's card. I also bought a 43 inch Sharp Aquos LED 4K HDTV (LC43UB30U). When I fired up the computer all the text, icons, and information on the desktop was incredibly small. The resolution on the desktop was set at 3840x2160 which is recommended. I tried adjusting the DPI text settings to 200% which fixed the problem. However, when I launch games like Star Wars the Old Republic launcher or Battle.net Launcher the launcher are very small and text within the launcher is very small to the point were I have to be a foot away to read. When I tried to fire up WoW the start up menu was so big I could not see anything. So I changed it to 2560x1440 and it got the icon's to be a little larger and more visible. Is there no way to have the highest resolution and increase the text/icon size separately?

Second issue, on all games on my computer, SWTOR, WoW, Civ Beyond Earth the optimal settings are 3840x2160 however the in game text is micro with no ability to increase the text size in SWTOR or Civ BE unless I decrease the resolution. Is there any way around this? Can the games not be played on that high of a resolution?

Last problem is that on all the games, the game play is a little choppy when I move the camera around. Below is what my computer has hardware wise. Is my computer not able to handle these games at max settings? Am I doing something wrong? SWTOR is giving me the most problems with the choppy gameplay at lower resolution. Any advice would be helpful.

Computer Spec:

Intel Processor i7-4790K
Nvidia 980ti Graphic's card
MSI ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z97-G45 GAMING

Solution
Try setting the resolution to 1080P for your games that have the small text.

You can also set the text size on the personalization screen (control panel). It may or may not be of any use in the game. Search at the top of control panel for "colors and metrics) look for "changing colors and metrics". I use "tahoma" size 16 text.
Try setting the resolution to 1080P for your games that have the small text.

You can also set the text size on the personalization screen (control panel). It may or may not be of any use in the game. Search at the top of control panel for "colors and metrics) look for "changing colors and metrics". I use "tahoma" size 16 text.

Solution