Battery For 2000W Car Amplifier

mraster

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015
Hi guys
I was wondering what type of car battery i would use to run a 2000W mono-block amplifier with 2(two) 10" subs.
Amp = 900W RMS @ 2 ohms and 2000W Peak [ Power Acoustik REP1-200]
Individual Subs = 400W RMS @ 4 ohms and 800W Peak [Boss CXX10]
Combined Subs= 800W RMS @ 2 ohms and 1600W Peak
(subs are wired in parallel)
I would like to try to run this set up solely on the battery.
Could you please help me to decided on a battery?
I can't get my head around the Ah, CCA, etc
Could you also if possible give me some example of cheap batteries as I would like to purchase lithium batteries.

Solution
The spec for that amp says 900WRMS at 2ohms. Looking at this page, 900WMRS would require 130A.

Looking at Optima deep cycle tractor batteries, the biggest battery they have will supply 25A continuous for 150 min.
So lets say you could reasonably pull 75 A for 15min. You would need two of these in parallel to power that amp at full power.

kanewolf

Titan
The spec for that amp says 900WRMS at 2ohms. Looking at this page, 900WMRS would require 130A.

Looking at Optima deep cycle tractor batteries, the biggest battery they have will supply 25A continuous for 150 min.
So lets say you could reasonably pull 75 A for 15min. You would need two of these in parallel to power that amp at full power.

Solution

steve1985

Reputable
Dec 27, 2015
you dont need a battery.

also that amp is VERY over rated. you wont even see that much power coming from that amp ever. and if you do it is going to be very dirty wattage causing distortion and clipping. peak amps arent meant for daily use. you will never consistently see 2000 watts. youll see that 2k watts for a split second and then it will fry itself. also. adding a battery wont work either. as it will just add more stress to your electrical system. my suggestion. get rid of that amp and get one that does rated power. and then go from there. 2k watts is a very stressful application. i have 2500 watts rms in my car and let me tell you. you arent going to achieve that with a $100 amp. ive put over $1500 into my car just for electrical upgrades to support my 2500 watts rms just for subs. you push that poweraqouistic amp at at full power i will be 100% willing to bet your subs wont last for more than a few months if that.