Which monitor to get? 1440p l 144hz l 4ms l freesync vs 1080p l 144hz l 1ms l g-sync

DiamondsareMine

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014

What if Free sync or G sync did not matter? Which would be the better monitor on specs alone?

Zaerekelt

Reputable
May 21, 2015
I would also consider 1440p, based on the trending increase of resolution. Latency (ms) will be noticeable only if you play games that rely on very short response times and fast reflexes, such as FPS. The previous mentions of which adaptive sync technology you go with is also a very good point. Do your research on both sides of the GPU coin and wether it matters to you to have the adaptive sync at all. May consider a cheaper monitor without that feature if it is not something that you need. That also leaves you more at ease to change as you will between both camps.

TheRyBobster347

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
Freesync will only work with AMD and G-sync only with Nvidia. But it seems like your asking just raw performance as if the GPU didn't matter, so hypothetically, I'd say the 1080p 1ms g-sync is better just because I think g-sync is much more reliable and since it has a 1ms response time, there's almost no imput lag. 4ms is still pretty good, but I'd take g-sync and a better response time over more pixels.