Would you give any of your old hardware for free?

Carango772

Reputable
May 17, 2015
i was talking with a friend about "donating" old functioning hardware to people/institutions that may need them... i know there are several organizations that collect old computers but in this case i was thinking about something more personal... i just found an old 9800 gt in my friend´s closet and he gave it to someone who now use it to play league of legends... the card would rott in someone´s closet anyway; so would you donate any of your old hardware for lets say... gaming charity?

Solution
atm im running a pc i built around 1k and i think i saved a few hundred as well with sales and such.. actually told my "older brother" i'd give it to him after i build my rig that i have in mind, maybe get him into the whole master race thing :d, plus games are so much cheaper

so yeah depends who.. been mad at him lately tho and was thinking about just selling everything..

~Twiddles fingers

xv3numbx

Honorable
Mar 16, 2014
atm im running a pc i built around 1k and i think i saved a few hundred as well with sales and such.. actually told my "older brother" i'd give it to him after i build my rig that i have in mind, maybe get him into the whole master race thing :d, plus games are so much cheaper

so yeah depends who.. been mad at him lately tho and was thinking about just selling everything..

~Twiddles fingers

Solution

GObonzo

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
give\donate old hardware i have all the time. upgrading old systems and building new ones leaves cables, adapters, old HDs, PSUs, motherboards, everything left over. when a friend wants some work they get the best of what i have around to save them whatever i can. anyone else gets whatever will save\earn me some money on the work they want\need.
anything actually worth a bit of money of course goes up for sale on Amazon storefront.

what else would you do with it all? garbage dump(bad idea due to contaminants) or pay to have it disposed of.