Asus ROG Swift PG278Q 2k, 144hz Vs. PB287Q 4k, 60hz?

Seth Mony

Reputable
Jan 11, 2015
Hi, lovely community of Tom'sHardware,

Can you guys help telling me how the two monitors above are different?
Which should I choose?
I don't play FPS games, I only play third person games.
So which one is best for me?
Will 60hz enough for me when I don't play FPS?
Is 144hz or 144fps really that good? I like smooth games but what do you guys say?
Or do you guys have any other good suggestions for a gaming monitor?

Oh and don't worry about my system power or spec, I can always upgrade it. :)

Thank you all so much.

Solution
2560x1440 @ 144Hz + G-Sync , Allows the video card to set the re-fresh rate of the monitor. Eliminates screen tearing.

3840x2160 @ 60 hz

Both are TN panels, so have a faster response time and not as good color reproduction as compared to IPS/PLS screens.

If you aren't into twitch gaming the ROG Swift is probably not something you need. 4K is a very high resolution that does take quite a bit of graphics horsepower to run. Might want to check if your games actually support the resolution as well.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
2560x1440 @ 144Hz + G-Sync , Allows the video card to set the re-fresh rate of the monitor. Eliminates screen tearing.

3840x2160 @ 60 hz

Both are TN panels, so have a faster response time and not as good color reproduction as compared to IPS/PLS screens.

If you aren't into twitch gaming the ROG Swift is probably not something you need. 4K is a very high resolution that does take quite a bit of graphics horsepower to run. Might want to check if your games actually support the resolution as well.

Solution