LCD panels odd after cleaning with Screen cleaner?

imahustler

Reputable
May 13, 2015
Hi,
I cleaned 2 monitors ( 1 very dirty ) with some screen cleaner.. it said ( ohne alcohol ) no alcohol in germany. Didnt ever cleamn much monitors before this and thought this stuff is good. In bottle was said FOR LCD SCREENS, removed battery from laptops and used power button to get all current out and grounded myself, used light force with good amount of this stuff to clean everything.
Then when i booted it after little while, both monitors look very odd, greenish and washed out. No dead pixels or anything like that though. But when it boots example it was pitch black, now it illuminates and is more white. Also when i close both monitors and look closely with light it looks greenish, compare it to my other monitors when powered off and these loook green compared to black what it should look like.
You guys think both lcd panels need to be replaced? Or it can somehow go away in time?
thank youu

Solution
Always clean the screen with a soft and dry cloth, so that the dust would be clear and screen will also be safe. Never used water or any chemicals directly on the screen, there are chances of damaging the screen resolutions. You can also know more about cleaning services and other types of cleaning agents.

imahustler

Reputable
May 13, 2015
Did try already with normal soft cloth, dont have anymore microfiber cloths left. Didnt get any residue on cloth and booted up same thing still, its been 36h after i did cleaning with screen cleaner.
Can i try microfiber + hot or warm water? maybe that could get it off?
There is clearly pic of screen on this bottle, and it says screen cleaner spray, chemicals yes but no alcohol, it has some kind of perfume smell aswell added. Didnt see last use date on bottle. These are my cheaper monitors but still 150$ a piece.. not fun.

imahustler

Reputable
May 13, 2015
Tried with soft cloth and some warm water, didnt get any residue from screens and still looks the same, both screeens look washed out, but since there isnt any dead pixels and i can still see picture lcd is not fully destroyed, was about to sell these monitors thats why i cleaned them. Could i still try someting ?

imahustler

Reputable
May 13, 2015
Some more info, these are older laptop monitors. When i look closer it looks completely green even when monitor is closed, when i use lightsource can see it even more clear. and when it should be pitch black at boot, looks very white, like illuminating.
Can someone please help , is there anything to be done?

nealflores

Reputable
Jul 24, 2015
Always clean the screen with a soft and dry cloth, so that the dust would be clear and screen will also be safe. Never used water or any chemicals directly on the screen, there are chances of damaging the screen resolutions. You can also know more about cleaning services and other types of cleaning agents.

Solution