Windows 10 Hardware Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

gprosch

Reputable
Jun 20, 2015
I recently installed Windows 10 and though the device manager shows that my network card has been detected, driver installed, and all is good, Windows 10 reports that it cannot find a network adapter.

The network card is a Realtek (RTL8168 driver) and the motherboard is a Gigabyte from a few years back. There are no problems reported in the Device Manager for the motherboard or any of the core components.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Solution
Realtek does not currently have Windows 10 specific drivers for the RTL8168 chipset. Many hardware manufacturers may choose to not develop further drivers for older hardware, or it may take some time, as that hardware was not intended to be run on a different or newer operating system. Also keep in mind that windows is STILL in the preview phase and as such is unlikely to be compatible with ALL hardware. If the Windows 8.1 drivers arent' working in your Windows 10 installation you may simply have to wait. I have several peripherals that won't work on 10 yet as the older drivers for them is apparently not compatible and newer drivers haven't been release for them.
Realtek does not currently have Windows 10 specific drivers for the RTL8168 chipset. Many hardware manufacturers may choose to not develop further drivers for older hardware, or it may take some time, as that hardware was not intended to be run on a different or newer operating system. Also keep in mind that windows is STILL in the preview phase and as such is unlikely to be compatible with ALL hardware. If the Windows 8.1 drivers arent' working in your Windows 10 installation you may simply have to wait. I have several peripherals that won't work on 10 yet as the older drivers for them is apparently not compatible and newer drivers haven't been release for them.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.