3D BLU RAY Ripper Copier

samyb333

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
i am looking for a good peice of software that will llow me to make copies and rip to my storage systems from BLURAY but especially 3D BLURAY.

main purpose to rip to my hard drive storage systems that will be specifically for movies. I have a LG Bh16nsw standard BLURAY read writer capable of m.disc and all bluray formats.

i have a collectionof blurays and most are 3d.

what is the best and esiest peice of software to rip these to hard drive and i use poweredv15 to play blurays so would use same software to play movies from hard drive. my 3d tv is conected up both hardwire hdmi 1.4 and also wifi.

the software must be able to make exact copies with no loss of 3d. i know i can convert 2d to 3d with pwoerdvd15 but i dont want to do this as not the same as a true copy od 3d bluray.

so what is available out there and what formats should i use to rip with as i know there at lots of 3d playable formats but need to keep the full capabilities 3d 5.1 or 7.1 sound and all sound types.

please can anyone dvise me on this as i am setting up a harddrive storage system just for movies will start with 4 tb and keep adding to it. probably use a hot swap system.

but its what ripper copier software to use.

i have magicdvd that does my dvds fine but i need a bluray 3d ripper that will do the lot downard compatible to hd dvd and dvd.

PCBuilderProbs

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015
vlc works b0ss, use the convert/save tool, save the movie part of it (usually labeled as chapter 0 i think but check beforehand). I've never used it though so I can't say for sure how well it works but apparently it does.

samyb333

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012

tried vlc but does not doi 3d hd blurays.

looking for a pay software not free as want good quality 3d bluray onlive subtitles languages the full 3dbluray ripped into hard disk format that allows playback choice of 2d or 3d. i have powerdvd 15 ultra that is a good media player. just need good paid for ripper software that is full 3d bluray cap[able.

tried dvfab9 but need to rip movie twice one in 3d format one in 2d format.

so need one that rips and gives full features as if it was playing the 3d bluray disk but using hard disk instead

koffeeshop77

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
just because you " pay for it " does not does not mean it is good, i rip stuff all the time and personaly i cant stand power dvd, its horible! and the quality a program spits out is set by you, you have to now the setting and you will get good quality rips.

samyb333

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012

powerdvd is y playerand it suits me fine. i want apaid for not free as it comes with support.

3d bluray decryption is not a easy proces when you want to rip or copy original. and that is what i want to do but rip will all features of original bluray 3d still available on hard drive ripped version.

so a good 3d bluray ripper and copier is what i require that also allows exact copy as well as multi-different formats to rip to.

so really anyone able to help with the kind of software i am looking to purchase.

koffeeshop77

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
yes, you take that blu- ray shrink. you stick bluray in, it will copy the entire blu-ray menu, 3d and all and will not shrink it, just tell it to copy at 100% not at 60 or 40 or whatever 100% and it will copy lossless and you will have an excate digital copy on you HDD and then you can play it back with powerDVD or stream it with xbmc player / kodi
http://kodi.tv/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kodi_%28software%29
http://lifehacker.com/tag/xbmc
^^there you now have an entire lay out of how to set up a proper media station high quality^^
or use vlc i think it performs faster. as far as viewing goes.
but if you need a no hassle bly ray ripper that ll rip at 100% use blu ray shrink. 3-4 clicks and 20 mins later all files will be copied on you drive sorted in a nice folder ready to play at your convince.

PCBuilderProbs

Reputable
Mar 24, 2015

it's not illegal. Creating backups of things you own is not illegal. It becomes illegal when you distribute these copies, whether to a friend or online digitally. However, if you let's say make a backup of an album so you have one in your stereo and one in your car that is completely 100% legal. Therefore, creating digital backups of movies is not illegal. That's why software to rip them is legal. Though people will use that software for... "less than legal" means.

It's like Bittorrent if you think about it, completely legal peer-to-peer software, yet people use it every day for their dirty deeds...

samyb333

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012

no i never asked about illegal copying.

the software out there is legal and ialways made backups of my own dvd library to hard drive.

as instead of loading a dvd each time i just go to my movie library i had a play direct from there. also dvd's and blu-rays get damaged. so dont know where you got that idea from.

the software is all legal and as long as your copy is just for own personal use of your own movies then its fine.

i find a hard drive storage with each dvd bluray 3d bluray i have is much easier to access than play from actual bluray or dvd.

ripping with full content is so i still have all full facilities and can use what ever sound or subtitlke i want and also bd live in screen.

so i do not see why this issue has arisen. question is perfectly geniuine and also legal. if it was not legal they would not be selling software that makes copis and rips3d blurays.

its how you use it and what you do with it that is are you breaking law or not.

in my case is backups in case of damage and faster easier accessto my collection.

so that now settled back to what others have found to be good rippers copiers and if i would not be buying a copier ripper sofwtare if i was going to break law as i wouldnot want software registered to my name if i was going to make counterfeits.

i just want my own home streaming library all in one place and a lot of people do the same with cd's they have download to hard drive and play from there.

besides it cuts down hours bluray drive iss running as well and load times are beter when played from hard drive.

so i will put your comment down to a big misunderstanding. as if you read my original post it states i have a collection of blurays and most are 3d

anyway that hopefull settledthat comment and i will see who else can assist me now.