Recommendations for 4k or an eyefinity setup

samlarz13

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
Good day to you! So here are my thoughts: I built my system about 2 years ago and it has been a very faithful machine for me. I'll post the specs down below, but with the new AMD cards that just came out and DX12 around the corner, I thought that maybe it would be a good time to invest in a couple upgrades and potentially look into a new display configuration.

First of all-my current specs:
CPU: Intel i5 3570k OC'd at 4.1GHz
GPU: AMD 7970k with a small OC via MSI Afterburner
PSU: Corsair builder series 80+ certified bronze 750w
Mobo: ASRock z77 Pro-4m
SSD: Samsung 250GB
HD: Seagate hybrid drive 1TB

Peripherals-
Displays: 2x 27" Benq monitors
Razer Black Widow Ultimate and Naga (Keyboard and mouse respectively)

So All this to say, I am very satisfied with this current setup, but was interested to hear what any of you all might recommend as upgrades that may make gaming in 4k possible and efficient for current gen titles at a 60fps or so and decent quality settings or adding a 3rd Benq and setting up for an eyefinity setup. Have you guys had much experience with gaming on either setup and which one did you find more desirable?

stevepre

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
Wow-hardcore gamer eh?
Okay, I've done a lot of crazy builds and just to point out I would get a 4k at 120hz without question if you're going to spend that money. Beyond that it comes down to choice. Take your budget and I would say video card first-then monitor second-SLI?. Chances are more 4k monitors will be coming out or prices may come down. If you can wait-hit black friday specials. Save that dough and get some real deals and up your memory at the same time. Perhaps you might even be able to raid that ssd depending on that mobo you have-yup raid 0 it-just checked it out. Memory has come down so far that it will be cheap to up that memory you have. How much memory do you have?

samlarz13

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014

I have 8GB of Corsair Vengeance.

TRENDING THREADS