Help with monitor 144HZ

Chamber

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
I recently bought a new monitor AOC G2460PQU "24", and I installed the drivers of my monitor and updated my nvidia driver too but it does not work, In the screen options 144hz appears but when I change to it, it does not work and the screen turns black I tried others Hz too like 100, 120 but no one works, just 60 hz :(.

-Actually I use a DVI D Dual, may if I try a convertor it will work? (monitor "DP" - to DVI D Dual) or is better just to change my graphics card?

-My graphics card is GTX 650.

Yes and no, single link DVI doesn't but DUAL link DVI DOES. "...DVI D Dual..." Is what the OP said he's using, so it must support 120hz.

Is that a G sync monitor? If so your gtx 650 is NOT compatible with G sync. While you should be able to do 144hz without G sync on just fine, it could be G sync is causing issues?

G

The AOC G2460PQU is not a G-Sync monitor. What graphics card do you have? As mentioned above, DVI Single Link does not support anything above 60hz. DVI Dual Link does. I suggest you search for pictures to determine which type you have. Try to avoid adapters when possible, especially when dealing with higher end monitors (G-Sync, 1440p-4K, 144hz, etc...). Any reason why you aren't just using an HDMI cable? IIRC, HDMI 1.4 (assuming you have this) does support 1080p@144hz.

Chamber

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
G

Stupid me, HDMI caps out at 60hz. Not sure what I was thinking.

That only leaves two options really. Either the monitor or the graphics card (or technically a software issue, but I doubt it). RMA/replace one or the other. Has your graphics card been giving you any other troubles? If not, I'd RMA the monitor since it's new.

Chamber

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
I tried my PC with my brother's monitor he has the same monitor and happened the same :/, so I think it's just my graphics card, so.. I will just change my graphics card.
BTW what graphics card do you recommend me? I have
Asus motherboard M5A78L-M LX3
Thank you for the help!