Need help on choosing a graphics card for my new pc.

poxxs

Reputable
Jun 23, 2015
Hey guys Ive been scouring the internet for which graphics card to get I am going to be buying a Alienware X51 and I have not really found a definitive answer to my question. I am getting the $1,299.99 variant and it either will come with a AMD Radeon™ R9 370 with 4GB GDDR5 or a NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960 with 2GB GDDR5 I would like to know which one would be the best. I use my PC a lot for gaming so if you guys could help me out that would be nice thanks.

Berry30

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015
They are both ok cards. Are you sure you thats the pc you want because you can do alot better for 1,299. If i had to pick between those 2 i would go with the gtx.

I have to agree with soldier. Look, lets be honest, the best way to go is to build it yourself. I get it, it sounds really hard and scary. You will love your computer 100x more if you build it yourself. It may be kind of hard to get everything working in order but i think it will help you to learn so many things. There are so many people who are too scared to give it a chance. Alienware is not the best company to buy anything from. In the end its all up to u tho. You can go the long run and benefit the most, or you can just buy one.

soldier5637

Distinguished
May 7, 2013
the last $200, maybe $300 of that you want to pay is for that little alien emblem at the front, you're paying for the name. Build it yourself, more performance, less spent, pride after in custom building.