Connecting a PS4 to a PC screen

Ahmad Bilto

Reputable
Jun 23, 2015
I have a LG Flatron w1942s 19 inch PC screen, a VGA-HDMI adapter and a PS4. I connected the PS4 to the screen but it shows an "out of range" message then goes black screen. I have tried resetting the PS4, it didn't work, I also tested the cable somewhere else and it worked. Is there anything I have to do with the screen or is it just not compatible?

Screen link: Click here!

Thank you for your help!
Bilto

G

That's a passive converter. You need an active converter like this one (http://www.amazon.com/Sewell-Hammerhead-Active-Converter-Compact/dp/B006LP0FXA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435173905&sr=8-1&keywords=vga+to+hdmi+active+converter) and even then I'm not 100% positive it'll work. I only really see VGA used on projectors not a day and even then, I usually use DVI for them. Make sure it's a VGA to HDMI and not HDMI to VGA. There is a difference I believe.

G

You want your HDMI signal to be converted to a VGA signal, yes. Regardless, I'm not entirely sure on it, but I believe you need an active converter, not a passive. You can wait to get another person's opinion before spending the $30-50 though if you.