Fallout 4 Pip Boy Edition Pre-Orders Opened Again

NBSN

Admirable
Just wanted to let everyone know that once again (for now anyway) pre-orders are open again for the Fallout 4 Pip Boy Edition at both GameStop.com and BestBuy.com

There may be other sites offering it too, but when I check Amazon.com, they were not at this moment.

I already pre-ordered mine through BestBuy.com a few days ago, but since then they closed and reopened it.

If you are interested in that edition of the game, order it while you can.

I snuck in a preorder the day it was announced :p
Really I just got lucky because one minute the page didn't give me any options to preorder, then i refreshed it and it did, then after my order I went back to the page and the option was gone again.

They probably have to like, speak to the manufacturer, say they will add on more, get a confirmation from the manufacuter, distribute the amount of preorders a retailer can offer, and then when those are filled they go back again.

There will always be enough made for the pre-order, since there's still a few months to get them made, and they can probably get them all made in a couple weeks in china.

NBSN

Admirable
@James Mason
You are right that they will take very little time to make them in China...lol. Made me laugh inside for sure because that is the truth...sad sad truth.

I actually did not even care about getting the Pip Boy Edition and was just waiting for Best Buy to offer the $10 certificate with pre-order and combine that with the 20% Gamers Club Unlocked to get it for essentially $38. I did that with Witcher 3, but had a few certificates from ordering some other stuff so got it cheaper.

However, my wife wanted the Pip Boy Edition (well, to get it for me as a surprise...and was disappointed that I did not really care about it). She ordered it from Game in the UK but when I saw about 3 - 4 days ago when BestBuy opened up pre-orders for a few minutes, she ordered from there and cancelled the Game one since that probably would not have worked out anyway from what I have been hearing/reading.

Although I did not get a $10 certificate (hoping that happens still though) it was still nice to get it for 20% off and we had a few other certificates to use so got it for $88 after taxes...which is pretty good all things considering.

My wife had said she was made that we did not get the Fallout 3 special editions (although that game was out before I had even met her) and wanted to get this one since I am really like the Fallout series (mainly Fallout 3).

I am really excited to play it and hope there is not a vast amount of bugs that make the game unplayable...because that is part of the reason I considered waiting for a GOTY edition. I will say that all of the mechanics of the game that I have heard are being put in, farming, building up the home(s), crafting armor and weapons, etc...they sound really awesome.

It just really sucks that Xenoblade Chronicles X comes out within a month or so of Fallout 4...so that will put a lot of decision making on me then. At least I am retired and have all day to play video games...lol.

NBSN

Admirable
Yeah, but I am frugal (fine, I admit it...a cheapskate) but more importantly I don't know if I will have time to play them both...I like to really sink some hours in to Fallout.

I never got to play any of the other Xeno games before so this will be my first one. Developers for X are saying it will take like 20 - 35 hours or something like that to get access to the giant robot...which sounds insane. It also sounds like the game will shape up like Witcher 3 or Monster Hunter series with hundreds of hours put into it.

I will tell you though, that while I do miss working a lot, retiring a few years ago was one of the best things I could have done. Sure it took a while to get things financially situated and we literally barely scraped by for that first year. But it is much more relaxing to be able to watch shows, movies (lots of anime) and play video games. :)

I'm only 27, I got a long time towards retirement T_T

NBSN

Admirable
I'm only 29 (going to be 30 this year) and retired back in 2013. I had to retire from the Army due to disabilities...very unexpected to end up that way...and it makes life much harder and not so great. But at least we have enough to make ends meet and I can relax as much as possible.

So, lets hope that you either make it big and can retire early from that or have great health and retire later on.