ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q vs ACER PREDATOR XB270HU

AW50

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
Hey guys,

I'm currently deciding between these two monitors and i'd like to ask for your feedback about them, especially if you already own/had previous experience with them.

Are there any problems, eg. noticeable pixel inversions, dead pixels etc.

And which ones do you guys prefer? Is there any specific reason? Problems that needed a RMA to fix? :)

Solution
Dead pixels, backlight bleeding, etc. are signs of a defects.
You should RMA the monitor if you see those signs.

Acer XB270HU (IPS) is better than ASUS PG278Q (TN) but without the nVidia 3D-Vision support.
But...
Acer has quite massive QC issues, you might need 2-3 RMAs to get a fully working XB270HU a.k.a. without any defects.

I own XB270HU and I was among the lucky ones who received a fully working XB270HU out of the first box.
Many friends of mine who bought XB270HU has to go through several RMAs to get a working one.

ASUS should have better QC.
Dead pixels, backlight bleeding, etc. are signs of a defects.
You should RMA the monitor if you see those signs.

Acer XB270HU (IPS) is better than ASUS PG278Q (TN) but without the nVidia 3D-Vision support.
But...
Acer has quite massive QC issues, you might need 2-3 RMAs to get a fully working XB270HU a.k.a. without any defects.

I own XB270HU and I was among the lucky ones who received a fully working XB270HU out of the first box.
Many friends of mine who bought XB270HU has to go through several RMAs to get a working one.

ASUS should have better QC.

Solution

singemagique

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
I have 2 of the XB270HU panels and I perhaps I got lucky (both are April 2015 manufacture dates), but they are probably the best monitors I've ever owned. No dead pixels or other defects. Backlight bleed is minimal and quite uniform around the edges.

Great color accuracy (dE<2.8 on calibration), great response time, G-sync is awesome, superb viewing angles. Overall, a well rounded monitor that will serve you will for both work and gaming.