svchost.exe and system idle process are making my office PC is too slow

smakashuol

Reputable
Jun 25, 2015
Is this normal? My office PC is too slow..
izdcQKg.png

OS windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
CPU core 2 duo E8400
Ram 1333Mhz 2GB DDR3
Hdd 250GB (C Drive 84GB, 60GB+ Free)

if this is normal, tell me, what could be the possible reason that svchost.exe and system idle process are using insane amount of Ram and CPU?

Please, suggest me how to get comfortable speed and performance while working?
(just MS office and google chrome)

"System Idle" is an indicator of the available, unused capacity of your machine. In your case, since you have a dual-core machine, SVCHOST is using one core to the maximum and one core is available to process other work. If both cores were inactive, then the System Idle time would be 100%. If one task could multi-task on several threads, then you might see higher processor utilization from a single task. As is, this is not indicative of an issue.

SVCHOST is a process used by Microsoft to complete many background or household tasks, including indexing files for later search, etc. Usually it is also not a problem, unless those tasks preempt tasks doing productive work. After some period of time, SVCHOST tasks should complete and go away.

As is, the only issues may be that both Office and especially Google may be requiring more RAM and may be constrained in your system. After all your system is very old and Google Chrome is constantly being updated and that would make it consume more RAM and more cycles to present all that "eye candy" on the web to you. :)

Consider getting a 4GB RAM upgrade kit and REPLACE the existing 2GB. I suggest this, because it is less error-prone than trying to get another stick of 2GB RAM that will play nice with your RAM and memory is not that expensive.

Cyier

Honorable
Jun 6, 2013
No Smak you shouldn't replace the power supply. I would also recommend going 8GB+ instead of 4GB for 64-bit OS's to have it operate more smooth.

TRENDING THREADS