need help Samsung monitor Hz

NBT Fartsparkle

Reputable
Feb 14, 2015
Hello!

I'm going to buy a new monitor for my new computer and I found a monitor that was on sale and had 1080p and good response time for gaming but I can't seem to find anywhere how much of a ''update frequence'' hz (I think that's what it's called) My question is if anybody know how much this monitor has it's the ''Samsung S24D300HLR'' 23.6 monitor.,

Solution
I did VGA 1920 X 1080 @ i think 85hz and it worked.

VGA will NOT do 2560 x 1440(just not a part of the specs).

Basic and business screens tend to be locked at 60 and that is not always a bad thing since it takes more gpu to push frame rates for 120/144hz screens.

I always recommend checking screens in a local store if you can. Too much of computer monitor use is personal preference. Some users like IPS while others hate its glow. Same goes for VA with its blacks, but some users do not like the response times. You will have other users with TN only(generally worse color because of the viewing angle limits, but faster response).

The screen you are looking at uses the same or very close case(but bigger) as the s22b300. I found at that...

NBT Fartsparkle

Reputable
Feb 14, 2015

Does monitors with VGA usually have 60hz or why did you mkae this guess?

Zaerekelt

Reputable
May 21, 2015

As nuke mentioned, typically, higher refresh rates are listed and VGA is typically limited. In order to get higher refresh rates, DVI or display port are used. Not VGA.

NBT Fartsparkle

Reputable
Feb 14, 2015

Okay so do you think I should buy this monitor or shall I find another one?

Zaerekelt

Reputable
May 21, 2015
You don't need to have a high refresh rate. That's just a matter of preference. Lots of people still use the standard 60Hz. If the price is good, and you like the features, no reason not to buy. Just compare other similar monitors to get an idea of how that one compares. Maybe make sure you have a variety of input options as well. Don't want to be limited in the future, in case you upgrade video card or use it on a new system.

I did VGA 1920 X 1080 @ i think 85hz and it worked.

VGA will NOT do 2560 x 1440(just not a part of the specs).

Basic and business screens tend to be locked at 60 and that is not always a bad thing since it takes more gpu to push frame rates for 120/144hz screens.

I always recommend checking screens in a local store if you can. Too much of computer monitor use is personal preference. Some users like IPS while others hate its glow. Same goes for VA with its blacks, but some users do not like the response times. You will have other users with TN only(generally worse color because of the viewing angle limits, but faster response).

The screen you are looking at uses the same or very close case(but bigger) as the s22b300. I found at that small size, many of the TN issues are less of an issue(bigger TN's can have more noticeable color shift[top of the screen looks darker], but again personal preference).

Solution