CS:GO crash after alt-tab, no crash if shadowplay is recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakuzaN

Reputable
Nov 23, 2014
hi there,
the topic says all i'd say.

whenever i tab out of cs and tab in again, the game freezes.
this does not happen when i start recording with shadowplay before tabbing out of cs, though. that's what i found out when i recorded a session just for fun.

does anyone know what this problem could be related to? it is really annoying me that i have to record every minute i play without having cs:go crash occasionally. i wouldn't be so annoyed about that issue if my pc wouldn't tab out of cs randomly for whatever reason.

help is really much appreciated.

Solution
This is a major issue for Windows 10 right now. The best workaround I have to offer is to run the game in Windows 8 or 7 compatibility mode, OR, run it in borderless windowed mode.

1. Right-click the game icon and choose Properties.
2. Select the Compatibility tab and hit "Run Compatibility Troubleshooter", and follow the prompts. It will test the game briefly, and be sure to complete the prompts so the new compatibility mode settings are saved.

Hope this helps!

-JP

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
This is a major issue for Windows 10 right now. The best workaround I have to offer is to run the game in Windows 8 or 7 compatibility mode, OR, run it in borderless windowed mode.

1. Right-click the game icon and choose Properties.
2. Select the Compatibility tab and hit "Run Compatibility Troubleshooter", and follow the prompts. It will test the game briefly, and be sure to complete the prompts so the new compatibility mode settings are saved.

Hope this helps!

-JP

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.