Advice needed for building light gaming PC (pref AiO)

Jeppe89

Reputable
Jun 26, 2015
Hey everyone,

This will be my first post on this board, I found it after searching the internet for PC forums. I hope you guys can help me :)

TLDR:

I want to build a low-cost PC (preferably an all in one) for everyday use (internet browsing, streaming and e-mailing) and light gaming (I will mostly be playing League of Legends, Don't Starve Together and older CRPGs, in that order). I would like to stay under 600 USD (approximately 400 GBP).

EDIT:
If you have suggestions for other solutions, eg. an idea on how to make a pc that's highly mobile, I am very willing to listen. I know this is a bit of a tricky situation I am in...

More on each point:

1: Why preferably all in one?
My problem is that I move internationally quite a bit (at least once a year) due to my job. For this reason, a combined monitor and pc tower seem the way to go, only in the shape of laptops they seem to be more expensive for the same specs, which goes against my low budget.

Something I had looked at prior to being told it would not be great for my needs was the lenovo c260
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops/lenovo/c-series/c260/#tab-customize
I have seen the c260 in real life. It is 19.5 inches and would fit comfortably fit in my hand luggage. Furthermore, the stand hinges out from the back, making it easy to move, as opposed to many other AiOs I have seen where the stand seems like it would be harder to transport. I could not give two hoots about the touchscreen features, that is what I have my tablet for.

2: Why the low budget?
I have a low paid job. Simple as that. It is very limited how much I can spend on a PC. I would love to play all the new games on a monster of a PC, but with what I make that's simply not an option. This is also the reason why I haven't been able to play games for the last 3 years.

3: Gaming requirements
I am often told LoL will be able to run on a toaster and a reliable internet connection. This is all good and well, but it doesn't tell me a whole lot :)
I'm assuming games like Don't Starve Together and older CRPGs (BGI and II, Icewind Dale, Torment, Bloodlines, etc.) won't be much of a problem, but I do not know if League will be? I am not expecting 180 fps on high settings, I just need enough fps that it won't be detrimental to my gameplay experience. Having been out of the gaming scene for 3 years, I do not expect I'll be playing at much more than Silver level, if that is any help.

I do dream of being able to play games such as Fallout IV, Elder Scrolls VI, Total War: Warhammer, etc. but I also realise that with my budget it is not very feasible.

If there is any help/advice you can provide my with I would be very grateful.

Sincerely
Jeppe

davidarad02

Admirable
you cant really build a all in one, and if you lifestyle is moving alot, you might better be off with a laptop. any laptop with a somewhat decent mobile GPU can run the games you want to run.

so are you buying from an american online store or from a british one? because you posted both a USD budget, as well as a GBP budget, so where are you buying from?

Jeppe89

Reputable
Jun 26, 2015

I will be buying in the US. I put an equivalent in GBP because I saw some other prices on the board were in GBP and was not sure whether this was a British or American site.

There seems to be a couple of guides online on the steps involved in building your own AiO pc, what do you mean when you say "you can't really"? Maybe the 'guides' I found were fakes? I'm not super experienced so that is a definite possibility.