Newegg and ups disapointed

87thhunter

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
So like the title says im kinda upset with newegg....

So i order where i work from a company called A-I ships out of Indianapolis , if i order by 12 o'clock i have it the next day. So if i order Wednesday at 10 ill have it Thursday. After 12 i have it Friday no big deal, its next day after shipping it out.

Amazon if i place a order and pay for 1 day shipping, they ship it UPS GROUND (yes GROUND NOT OVER NIGHT) and i will have it the next day, again shipping from Indianapolis.

New egg is shipping from guess what INDIANAPOLIS. Ordered it Wednesday around 3...Okay so i should have it Friday if they ship it Thursday....they shipped it Thursday they said it was SHIPPED at 8AM....UPS finally got the package at 10PM....Of course now i will have it guess what THE NEXT Business day so Monday (this is because at 10pm, the day is over)....If new egg would get on the game and get there packages to UPS at a releasable time people could have it days sooner.........
Also new egg said UPS HAD the package at 8AM this was not true as they did not get it till 10PM

So all the stupid company's can ship one day ups ground from Indianapolis but newegg waits till 2 hours before the days over to get there packages to ups............

If you read carefully, Newegg has UPS and I think Fedex locations on their site being they ship so much stuff out. Newegg is just trying to pass the buck as their getting products out of the doors has slipped over the years. I have complained about the exact same thing when I order rush shipping and it doesn't get out of Newegg for 48 hrs.

87thhunter

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
Its just a disappointment, and to some degree new egg makes it worse....They claim it has shipped, when you read it, it says its out the door and on the road (unless its a weekend) yet it never gets to ups till 10pm at night!?!? Its just stupid that almost any other company when they tell you its shipped ITS SHIPPED. I use amazon that's bigger than newegg i assume, and a smaller company A-I and they both are faster than poor new egg....Heck even ebay sellers that are one state away i get the item the next day.......

NeweggSupport

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Hello 87thhunter,

I'm sorry to hear that your package did not arrive to UPS until Thursday night and I'd like to look into this further. Please email us at wecare@newegg.com with your order number so we can look into this. -Rella (Newegg Service)

To be fair, I haven't had the best of luck with ups (or fedex). You'd be surprised how many times you're waiting for a package (residential delivery) and I have it set to get updates via cell phone when a package is delivered. Be waiting on a package, never get it, then get a phone message or an online status message of 'package undeliverable, resident not home' and they didn't even attempt delivery. When a driver is lazy they'll simply type in 'no one home' and not even stop, leave the package on the truck for the next day/driver. Considering this has happened multiple times I would have to say ups isn't always on the ball either. Before assuming it was newegg who showed false shipping info, it might be ups covering their own rear end and saying they received the package too late to ship if they goofed and forgot to put it on a truck.