I'm working on a website alternative and I need opinions.

FCCAGut

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
Before you get the pitchforks and torches out, I'd like to say I know there's good things on the World Wide Web. I just think that computers are more powerful than we give them credit for and that blog sites and video sites like YouTube don't have to be used as often as they do. I like the theories behind computers and how we can use them today.

Me and a group of friends are working on an encrypted, private and self hosted P2P networking design which I have computers that will be able to be used for this as both servers and clients. We've been working on this for 8 years, mostly asking ourselves could this be done and coming up with designs and concepts. After I took an online Internet course last year and applied what I learned with what we came up with and we went for it. This is a fully programmable network which uses Python by default as its easy to learn for beginners but Java, C++, etc can be used as well.

This will work on LAN, WAN, wired, and wireless networks. It's all done natively on the clients CPU and doesn't use server resources as far as rendering and transcoding goes. I have a video I'd like to show you which demonstrates what we are able to pull off so far and I will appreciate any opinions or suggestions you may have, good and bad.

http://youtu.be/bidLQRJn69Q

*DISCLAIMER* Some things on the video in technical details may be inaccurate. We find flaws in our own theories and work to update them constantly. The purpose of this video is to show the general idea of how things will work on this type of network.

FCCAGut

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013

Read, pay attention to the video, or don't reply.

If you cannot summarize it with couple of sentences, and rely on poor quality' terminal scripts to present your idea, you have lost eight years of your life chasing dragons and unicorns.

And your video - OK, you probably know some Python, but what you use it for? Did you create some private network? What you can use it for?

A simple diagram explaining your idea would do much more that the useless videos you promote.

FCCAGut

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013

What do you think? For someone who knows the how to use assembly on an 8086 and maybe spent 20+ years working on computers you're not good at finding the answers to things. Figure it out yourself or stop replying. You're a fake as far as I'm concerned.