Wondering if possible to make my screen smaller

pepslight

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014
Hello folks, here is my trouble:

I have an iMac late 2012 that I use mainly for movies or some other photography work. The screen is truly magnificent, the big "con" is that is a 2k 27 inch followed by a weak gtx 660M with only 500MB of memory...

The big thing is that I really like to game time to time, I don´t know how but I can easily reach in CS GO 50 FPS at medium.

Lately my solution to play at 30 FPS with some newer game was to use 1920x1080 resolution and I was able to get some "good frames".

My BIG question now, once I downgrade the resolution my 27" screen look horrendous giving its stretching the game. and they are really ugly, and I´m not so comfortable on this giant screen.
I wonder if there could be any software solution that could "Transform" my 27" screen into a 24" for example turning parts of my screen black (Sounds unrealistic xD) , by doing so I could get much better visuals without compromising performance, I will receive a new ps4 in some days but on the wait I would like to play my steam summer sales game but have been really a pain...

Thanks in advance Peps :)

pepslight

Reputable
Sep 20, 2014
Hum naja, thx for trying to help I found the answer myself, I could literally make my screen smaller 24" by selecting a resolution of 1080p, and through Nvidia control panel selecting no scaling, I got now black bars on the side and the games can run much better and still look good.