Thoughts on the LEPA G1600 power supply

TheRealBeandip

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
Ive heard a lot of good about LEPA power supplies, and a lot of bad.

The LEPA G1600 seems to be a high wattage enthusiast oriented power supply. Does anyone have any experience with this unit?

Im really curious as to its quality because it is a very cheap power supply at that price range, fully modular, and the smallest power supply I can find at that wattage.

TheRealBeandip

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014
Hmm, interesting to see its placement on that list. Usually I hear bad things about the LEPA supplies on other forums.

Any idea why they are so much cheaper than the alternatives?

Well its only the G1600 that ranks tier one.
As for the unit, some people may not like it due to having quad raids, where other tier one units have a single +12v rail, and things of that sort.
Here is a review of the unit: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=283

If for some reason you need that much wattage, which most users never would, I would spend a little extra and get an EVGA G2 or P2 unit instead.

TheRealBeandip

Reputable
Dec 30, 2014

Actually that does make sense, the whole 4 rail issue is a bit annoying. And Ive already got one. I wanted an EVGA or Corsair but I didnt have the room. I had to cram this thing in a 750D that was using a 240mm lower radiator. I was just wondering what the communities take on the supply was.

Ah I see.
The unit is definitely high enough quality to last and not take any out with it if it were to go out. Overall, it wouldnt be my first pick (EVGA, Superflower, XFX etc etc) , but it wouldnt be a unit I would actively avoid.