AMD Display Driver has stopped responding/ Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

nkim2069

Reputable
Aug 14, 2014
MOBO : Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3
CPU : Intel i5 4690k
GPU : R9 280x
PSU : 850W
Windows 8.1 ( 64 BIT )

Hey guys, so recently I have been having issues with my games freezing then turning into a black screen and having to alt tab or ctrl/alt/del my way out. After that it will always say AMD display driver has stopped responding. This all started when I did a MASSIVE update on windows 8.1...I forgot to update for like 8 months and did everything at once lol. The unusual part is...I can play Witcher 3, GTA 5, Ark Survival Enhanced and run perfectly fine with no crashes. However, I play CSGO, Guild wars 2, BF4 (sometimes crashes), and some other random games and it will almost 100% crash within 5 mins - 1 hour. I'm more upset about it crashing on guild wars 2 because I can't play with a friend. Any help would be appreciated and if you need more info about my PC just feel free to ask. Thank you very much!

nkim2069

Reputable
Aug 14, 2014

Did that a million times lol. Downloaded new ones, didn't work so I uninstalled and reverted to old ones. That didn't work. I just downloaded the new AMD ones for batman arkham knight and those didn't work either.