asus x99 deluxe - cpu over voltage error - Help or opinions are greatly appreciated

Lord Raiden

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
Hi guys i am having a boot error"asus antisurge has been triggered computer will turn off" i have had to disable asus antisurge in my bios for machine to start while still gettting the error "cpu over voltage ", when booting into windows

In windows thru the asus dual intelligent processors software the cpu voltage bounces around from .69-1.9v (same readings are also appearing in the system bios however in cpu z voltages move between .69- 1.01 , gpu 12v readings are 16V in and out of bios ,had this build for 5 months , problem occurred after installing Asus TPM FW3.19 TPM Module BitLocker FW3.19 into board , prior to installing i updated bios to 1702 from 1602. , after restart booting failed

Removed TPM module after booting failed

Temps as listed in windows thru asus dual intelligent processors 5
Cpu temp 25°c
vrm 43°c
pch 36°c

Even with the antisurge disabled machine requires sometimes between 3-5 restarts before posting with cpu over voltage error

LED on mainboard goes thru BF , 00 with both readings giving no boot

When machine boots and windows starts LED displays AA or at times gives no qr code at all (just dark no red led)

tried gaming BF4 and CODAV 2 even WItcher WIld Hunt at high settings where possible and machine does not shut down ,bsod or even the slightest glitch with no burning smell or anything remote to it

To be Sure i have removed psu and took it to a technician and we started it in another build and put a multimeter to it with perfect readings on all outputs

Machine has no overclock stock settings

all board switches and jumpers are set to default

unfortunately i have no friends with x99 build to swap mainboard or cpu to test

removed cpu no bent pins

machine specs are are as follows :

i7 5820k
asus x99 deluxe mainboard
16gb kingston hyper x predators 4x4 3000mhz
corsair h100i
gigabyte gtx970 g1 gaming
evga supernove p2 1000w plat psu
apc rs-1300 ups
(tpm module - removed)
lg blu ray writers x2
samsung ssd 850 pro evo
wd green 2tb hdd
seagate 250gb hbb

hit a road block with what could be wrong tried clearing bios , removing ram , discharging all power from board and still same errors , any ideas are welcome if not gonna face an RMA
which i am dreading as i live in the Caribbean

Thanks

Lord Raiden

Lord Raiden

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
hey guys didnt get any responses , did a complete strip down inspected all hardware re-assembled and problem persisted decided to do a cmos battery pull , and boom normal startup , apparently the reset bios button has limitations , NOTE i pulled out all power connectors to mainboard then ejected battery waited 15 mins and re inserted power connectors and cmos battery and she works normal again , the asus over voltage got messed up in the bios somehow and the cmos battery pull did the trick , (dunno if bios update + tpm installation messed up something?) well for now restarted about 10 times after tweaking some settings back at 4100mhz stable (prime) , hope this helps someone out there

cheers mates :bounce:

Vahe Bro A

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015
Go here. https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/X99DELUXE/ . Click support . Click Driver&tools. Select your OS system. then click on bios. and download Version 1801 and flash it threw your bios