Dell Ultrasharp u2412m vs Asus PA248Q

kol12

Honorable
Jan 26, 2015
I'm trying to decide on these two monitors. Apparently they are direct contenders. The Asus is a $100 dearer where I live. Anyone familiar with these? Is the Asus worth the extra price?

The Dell I can get has a 2015 manufacture date and is REV A02.

Solution
haven't tried Dell Ultrasharp u2412m vs Asus PA248Q..
but own/using Dell Ultrasharp u2312hm... I'm impressed with it's build quality...

from what I know Asus pro art series employs better panel than dell one hence more expensive..

maybe others can add... (the one have those monitor)..

rdc85

Honorable
haven't tried Dell Ultrasharp u2412m vs Asus PA248Q..
but own/using Dell Ultrasharp u2312hm... I'm impressed with it's build quality...

from what I know Asus pro art series employs better panel than dell one hence more expensive..

maybe others can add... (the one have those monitor)..

Solution

rcfant89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
I have had the U2412M for a while now and also just recently got a 2410 as a second monitor. They are both excellent and I don't think you will be disappointed. I've owned a lot of monitors and the mid-high grade dell monitors are very, very good quality in my opinion. One of the areas where it exceeds that you might not think about is the stand. It's very strong and can move in every direction, plus has a standard square size "socket" where you can click out the stand and add a wall mount (for example if you wanted). I had an LG and a samsung before it and the stands sucked in comparison. Very little room to select the view you want.

Also, the 12 has physical buttons on it which are excellent. The 2410 and my samsung have capacitor type buttons where you have to feel around to get them to light up in order to change anything which is a huge pain. I play xbox on my monitor as well as use it for the computer so I switch between the input frequently. I am not familiar with the asus you are talking about so I'm just giving my 2 cents about the dells.

As for cons, it doesn't have an HDMI port. I'm not sure if the revision you mentioned added one but I don't think so. For me, that was disappointed because my xbox needs HDMI. I really feel like for that price point (somewhere around 350$ msrp) you really SHOULD have one. It's got display port but I found that to be way less convenient. So let me ask you this, do you require HDMI? If you are just going to connect to your PC, it should make no difference but if you want one monitor for all your devices, it might not be the best choice for you.

If you can do without HDMI, you won't be unhappy with the dell. I am very pleased with mine. A side note though, I paid somewhere around 350$ for mine new, but I got the dell 2410 used on ebay for about 150-175$. The bezel on the latter has a few minor scuffs but I would go with that deal over the former. I guess it depends on if you are willing to get it used or not, I did have to send the first one I got off ebay back because it had screen pixel issues but did not have to pay anything. It was just a pain. But in the end, it worked out great. Hope any of that helps in your decision. Good luck.

kol12

Honorable
Jan 26, 2015
Thanks for your reply rcfant89. I actually ended up getting the U2412M and it's a really nice monitor except I've now had to send two back for having dead pixels! I payed for the monitor almost 3 weeks ago and still don't have my final product! It's a bit of a pain but I guess that's life and my bad luck. Was it dead pixels that you had?

rcfant89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011

Huh, that's odd. You must have gotten unlucky. My 2412M has 0 dead pixels and is flawless (the one I bought new). The 2410 that I got used off ebay had a pink spot on the screen, some sort of pixel malfunction but, it was used and more expected from an ebay product. But like I said, the 2412M that I got new, it is still 100% flawless about 3 years later.