Need help deciding which motherboard to buy.

FullHalfEmpty

Reputable
Apr 1, 2015
Hello, I require your help in making a decision to buy a new motherboard to replace my previous broken one. The motherboards I am stuck between are the: MSI 970 gaming; MSI 970a Krait editon and the ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0. I am more inclined to buy the ASUS because I know it is more reliable but fear it may lack some important/ up-to-date features because of it's age. I am a little reluctant to buy one of the MSI's because my previous motherboard was the 970 gaming which broken withing the first month. Also, I have read reviews stating the same issues I experienced with the motherboard.
Just to note: I run a FX6300 CPU (which was stock clocked at 3.5GHZ without the turbo boost because the heatsinks on the 970 gaming got extremely hot). I may want to overclock the CPU in the future, or even upgrade to the 8320e so please consider this.
I also want to upgrade to windows 10 when it is released and I was worried incase any of the boards didnt support the update (as none of the brands websites state that they do).
I would really appreciate hearing you guy's preferances and opinions to help me decided and thanks in advance for any replies!

resident TD

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
My vote is for the ASUS. It has all the PCI stuff you could need and has it layed out in a logical manner, it has a direct key for entering BIOS(very useful when debugging!), it has the TPU and EPU switches for power saving or overclocking, it has 6GB SATA, It has a memOK! button to test RAM compatibility, and it even comes with a software sweet to control fans and overclocking functions. Whats not to love?