2 seperate sets of displays

Dealer of Aces

Honorable
Jun 23, 2014
So here's my situation. My desk is located near my living room tv and I have a 20 ft. hdmi cable ran from my desktop to the tv for when I want to game on the couch. I have 2 monitors currently plugged up to my desktop and if I want to use the tv I have to plug it in then unplug at least one (secondary) monitor from the desktop.

My question is: Is there an easier way to switch between them using some sort of rf style switch or software that would allow me to easily specify which monitor I would like to use?

Thanks!

Kroni

Reputable
May 24, 2015
Have you tried changing the screen resolution settings on your PC to "Extend these displays"?
Control Panel>Appearence and Personalization>Display>Screen Resolution. Under multiple displays select "extend these displays". Hope that helps.

Dealer of Aces

Honorable
Jun 23, 2014
Yes, but I don't want to just extend the displays. I want to actively switch between them so that all audio is outputted through the hdmi cable to my tv. Only way to do that that I know of currently is by unplugging hte other displays (also via hdmi) and plugging in the tv.

Kroni

Reputable
May 24, 2015
Hm, I know I was able to do this once with a laptop and tv. Maybe try messing with the playback device settings in the volume control. If the tv shows up in the playback devices, then just set the tv as the default audio device. Other displays can just be muted at that point. As far as freely switching back in forth I'm not certain, but I can also suggest buying a Bluetooth speaker for your living room to pick up the audio from your PC.