What setup should i get for gaming for about £700?

Hey,

I need some advice on parts you would recommend getting for around £700, I would like to play this year and next years games in high - max settings. Any advice??
Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about setup gaming 700
  1. well i just learned that the conversion rate of USD had droped even more to the pound.... yay usa :-/

anyway, you can pick up a i5 2500k, msi gd 55 or gd 80 mb, a ati 6970 or a gtx 580 along with 16gb of ram and a cheap case for under your 700.00

do you need a monitor? a case? a HD? what country are you in?
  2. ncc74656 said:
    well i just learned that the conversion rate of USD had droped even more to the pound.... yay usa :-/

anyway, you can pick up a i5 2500k, msi gd 55 or gd 80 mb, a ati 6970 or a gtx 580 along with 16gb of ram and a cheap case for under your 700.00

do you need a monitor? a case? a HD? what country are you in?

Other than the i5-2500k there's nothing here I agree with. And there's no way your going to fit a 580 in on a £700 budget, possibly not even a 6970 unless you really skimp out on PSU and motherboard. 16GB RAM.... for what!? Unless your running some very bespoke applications, your system is probably never going to use more than 4GB. 8GB 1600MHz would be the recommended RAM, 1.5v, CL9.

Considering the OP said £700 budget, ill go ahead and presume he's buying from within the UK.

-------------

Build Idea:
    Mobo: ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 £115
    CPU: i5-2500k £155
    GPU: GTX 560Ti £170 (Gigabyte/MSI/ASUS/EVGA brands recommended)
    CPU Cooler: Hyper TX3 £16
    HDD: 1TB Samsung SpinPoint F3 £43
    Optical Drive: DVD-RW £20
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz £45
    PSU: 750w XFX, Corsair, Antec or SeaSonic unit £90 (ish)
    Case: Your choice really :)

Total: £654 total without a case.
    (Prices are the most recent off the top of my head, shop about and check offers for better deals).

The above build will allow for a second GTX 560Ti to be added in SLI if you ever wanted to without needing to buy any new, or swap any components. Just simply buy a second Graphics card.

UK Suppliers:
    www.scan.co.uk
    www.ebuyer.co.uk
    www.dabs.co.uk
    www.amazon.co.uk
    www.novatech.co.uk
    www.overclockers.co.uk
    www.aria.co.uk
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Gaming Games