CPU/GPU upgrade my pc.

Reliaya

Reputable
Jul 1, 2015
Yo guys!

I need help with something, since i cant upgrade both cpu and gpu at the same time im planning getting 1 part for now, i want an i7-4790K and a GTX 970 Gaming 4GB. Now, what part should i get first? Could i get a new GPU with the current cpu without a bottleneck from GTX 970? I want to stream and play games at the same time, and i know the i7 would allow me to do so. But it's hard to choose tho, cause i want the smoother gameplay at the sametime :/ .. HALP!

Current rig:
i5-3470
GTX 760 2gb OC.
DDR3-1600 8GB
250GB SSD.

for gaming, the gfx card first. since you'd need new motherboard to run the core i7 4790k, you might benefit from waiting till intel's new skylake lineup (launching later this year) and deciding which cpu and mobo to get after reading the independent reviews.

as for the gfx card itself, if nvidia drops 970 prices as a trickle down effect of competing with amd's new gfx cards, you might be able to buy one at a cheaper price.

Reliaya

Reputable
Jul 1, 2015
So what you're saying is i should wait to buy the gfx card? Would my current CPU bottleneck the gfx?

in some cases, it might bottleneck but unlikely to be a showstopper.

i mentioned to wait because of this:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html
if amd releases new cards based on fiji ilicon, there's a slight chance that nvidia will "re-adjust" it's prices, again. so if you're not in a hurry...

Reliaya

Reputable
Jul 1, 2015

Oh ok, Thanks, i guess i could wait for it but i really wanna start stream tho so yeah.. ill look into it. Thanks for the answers :)