Newegg replacement policy (item lost in shipping)

ironmonkey13

Reputable
Jun 15, 2015
Finally was able to purchase a Gigabyte 980 ti G1 Gaming card off Newegg last month, 22 June to be exact. Tracking said it would be delivered on Monday the 28th so in my excitement I took off work to wait for the elusive card to arrive. Saw it was out for delivery around 10am. After numerous trips to my front door to see if the post man had left it I decided to check tracking again at around 2pm. To my surprise it said the package was delivered and left at doorstep two hours prior! I know USPS is not perfect so I gave them the benefit of the doubt at first. Maybe the delivery guy scanned "delivered" early to make his route look good. Ok, don't panic. 3 hours later and no 980 TI I started to worry. Called the post office and they confirmed it had been delivered to my doorstep at noon. Was too late for me to drive to the office but best believe I was there the next day. The supervisor gave me a couple versions of what mostly likely happened but in the end she said the delivery guy (who just happened to be off) delivered my package to the wrong address! She assured me she'd personally put a note on the door the package was delivered to and call me when they got it back. I'd lost faith in them at that point and decided to check with the resident of that address myself. When the guy got home (1030pm!) he claimed he didn't know what I was talking about and never received any package. Long story short after a lot more leg work on my part the post office finally officially declared the item "lost". Made numerous calls to Newegg and finally asked for a manager to plead my case to. He assured me he'd look into the matter and get back to me soonest. This will be a long weekend.
Anyone had a similar experience with lost Newegg items? How did Newegg handle it?

Azn Cracker

Distinguished
If item is declared as lost and you never received it, then newegg should refund your money. If they don't give your money back within a week then file a charge back through your credit card company.

--

Btw man who the heck takes a day off to wait for a gpu lol

ironmonkey13

Reputable
Jun 15, 2015
I don't have an issue with Newegg (yet), I'm hoping they do the right thing and replace the card by sending another. Right now Newegg is the only retailer that gets this card in stock regularly. Just curious if others have gone though a similar experience.

It's a $700 card and I didn't want it just hanging out on my porch all day...plus I'd also planned on getting in some uninterrupted gaming while the wife wasn't home.

Wolfshadw

Titan
A number of years back, Newegg used to sell movies (I later found out through a third party). They were having some sort of sale and I purchased about 10 DVDs and only received half of them. I contacted Newegg, who assured me that the remainder of my order was still in route and to wait for 48 hours.

Two days later, I still had not received the remainder of my order and I contacted Newegg again. They checked their records and found the order had been shipped and delivered. I reminded them that I only received half of the order and I was told by them to wait 48 hours. Newegg then asked me if I wanted to cancel the order or wait another 48 hours while they checked into the matter on their end. I said I'd wait. Seventy-two hours later, I called back and was told, apparently, that business division was going out of business and that the remainder of my order would be credited back to my credit card.

So a little over a week and a few grey hairs added to my head, and all was resolved satisfactorily.

As to your case, I wouldn't hold my breath. I haven't used Newegg in a while, but I didn't think they used the USPS. At any rate, Since the USPS claimed the error in delivery, they should be held responsible; not Newegg.

-Wolf sends