Reputable
Jun 17, 2015
Hello, guys!
I have the following PC Specs:
Mobo: AsRock H61M-DGS
CPU: Intel Celeron G530
GPU: Radeon R7 240-1GB GDDR5

Now for my questions:
-I have one DIMM which has written on a sticker frequency: 1333Mhz @ 9-9-9-24, but it runs @ 1066Mhz (because the CPU is limiting it) and 7-7-7-20 (because the CPU is limiting it too?) Also I checked the BIOS and there is says that it runs at 1.6v.

-I want to buy another DIMM-a Corsair which runs at 1333Mhz, 9-9-9-24 timings and 1.5v; Is this good for my PC?

BSOD BSTD

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
mixing different brands of RAM is not a good idea, the chances are it wont even work. You need to get the same make and model if you are adding another DIMM, and even then its not 100%, its better to buy a new kit of 2.

TBH I would look into upgrading your CPU, you'll be able to get faster RAM later then (your mobo supports up to 1600Mhz with a good CPU).

BlueViper

Reputable
Jun 17, 2015
Thanks for your answer!

Now the questions are: 1)What CPU would you recommend that is not too expensive?
2)Could it be harmful for my PC if I only buy one Corsair DIMM?

BSOD BSTD

Honorable
Nov 21, 2013
here is a list of compatible CPU's for the mboard

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H61M-DGS/?cat=CPU

I'm an AMD guy so I cant really advise on Intel, if any Intel people reading this can? If not start a new thread about it. The list is in order of release date, with the oldest CPU's at the bottom, and you should get an Ivy Bridge CPU.

It wont harm your PC if you put another DIMM in, it just might work, could blue screen or not start up. If you get the exact same model number it SHOULD work, its a bit of a lottery if you dont buy them together. Failing that get another Corsair 1333. Also make sure its the same GB as the other one and put it in the same colour slot on your motherboard. Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS