Dual monitor help

benhurt

Reputable
Mar 1, 2015
So I want to get a second monitor to watch twitch or YouTube and control music in but I heard videos can lower the fps in games on my primary monitor. Is that true, have you experienced this? Also the mouse gets locked to the game right so I still have to alt tab out of the game to do anything on the other monitor right?????? Please help me understand this. Cause is they're really a point of getting one if i still have to minimize games to control the other screen??????. I'm also worried about the fps drop. I have a gtx 970 and an I5 4690k

Solution
Also, if you're worried about performance, you can power the second monitor from the onboard graphics on your CPU. That's what I do. As onetimetowtimes said above, fullscreen windowed mode in games makes things easy.

Onetimetwotimes

Reputable
Mar 11, 2015
I have a second monitor, and I don't notice any FPS drops, so you should be okay in that department, as for tabbing out of games to do things on the second monitor, yes. You need to stop controlling the game in order to do something in any other window, but as long as you play in full window mode, you shouldn't have a problem as you can unlock your mouse easily by pressing Alt+tab (this brings you to a different window).

Bezzell

Honorable
May 13, 2013
Also, if you're worried about performance, you can power the second monitor from the onboard graphics on your CPU. That's what I do. As onetimetowtimes said above, fullscreen windowed mode in games makes things easy.

Solution