Is there any better options for my build?

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Hi there. Was just hoping to get some feedback on my build. I've spent a lot of time researching and picking out the parts I feel are necessary for the build.

To clarify, I don't want people telling me to get Intel instead of AMD because it's better or whatever biased fanboy opinion you have on such things. I don't care about brand vs brand. All I care about is getting the performance I need without wasting money and the CPU I have chosen has a great history of being awesome for the price. I have a budget and I've researched for it. I am simply wondering if there might be a better option in terms of simple things in order to save a few bucks here and there. I am dead set on the CPU as it offers the most bang for the buck and is listed as the recommended CPU for most of the latest games such as AC Unity. I am also dead set on my GPU as it again offers the most bang for the buck and eventually I would buy another one to run the two of them in SLI.

So I ask for feedback on things like the CPU cooler, the case and the MOBO. And I will listen to feedback on personal experiences with the parts I have chosen and personal experiences with the parts some might recommend as a better bang for buck option.

To complete this post I will state what I am looking to get out of my system:

I am looking to be able to play the latest games for a decent amount of years to come and also have a system that will do more than just gaming such as video editing and whatnot. (I am an all around PC geek so I do more than just game.) I am wanting it to be able to handle most anything new that comes along in the world of tech so USB 3.0 is a definite must as it will soon replace 2.0 as the standard for USB. I want it to be capable of most any additions and future upgrades to the system such as adding another GPU and putting more components inside for other things (so space inside the case and proper air flow are key). I will eventually want to replace the fan system with a closed loop water cooling system to keep things cooler during the summer and when overclocking and when putting the hardware under heavy load (and again, space inside the case is key). The water cooling I have planned for the future is for both the CPU and GPU(S).

I basically want a computer that I won't have to more or less worry about not having what it takes to do something with it in the future when new technologies are developed.

Here is my current build. I have another build that incorporates accessories such as a monitor and whatnot but those things aren't important for what I'm asking for in this post.

Thanks a bunch in advance for your feedback.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YRyQ23

Sorry to say that to you but change the CPU :D

I would get this is the best Price/Performance for your needs

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($242.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($85.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: A-Data XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($46.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($104.78 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($50.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card ($349.99 @ B&H)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: XFX Core Edition 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Pioneer BDR-209DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor ($249.99 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Cooler Master OCTANE Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1381.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-03 19:46 EDT-0400