Will I be able to support double monitors (or even a monitor at all) with a DVI-D to VGA converter?

MobbSparta

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
I recently got a new graphics card (GTX 750Ti). It has two DVI-D ports, one VGA port, and one HDMI port. Before I had a GTX 550Ti and it had two DVI-I ports which I used for my dual monitors. but now I realize I can't use the two DVI-D ports for monitors and I am left with the VGA and HDMI. I tried connecting my primary monitor with an HDMI cable and my secondary with the VGA cable. This didn't exactly work. On my main monitor it displayed a resolution that was supposed to be 1920x1080 but it was somehow bigger than my screen. Then I realized my whole desktop had been screwed up and was being extended onto my second monitor (like all of the icons and things). Another reason why this didn't really work for me was with the HDMI connection the picture looks much different. It looks a lot less clear and watery but then the second monitor would like fine. So would it work if I used two DVI-D male to VGA female converters/adapters to plug into the DVI-D ports for my dual monitors.

Temporarily I am using the VGA port for my main monitor until I can be sure I can fix this.