Will my Gigabyte g41 m combo support todays modern 8gb rams like G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB

Tejas Pandey

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015
Well I have I pretty old pc and i am thinking to upgrade the parts of my pc one by as it suits my budget here in India. Now the problem here is am not familier with pc parts and all. I suppose to buy a ram right now as i have already brought a hard disk but the problem is that I donot know if my old motherboard compatible with any of those 8gbs out there and if it is please can someone suggest me one.

JancoV

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014
That is a very old motherboard and I would really recommend upgrading it, it isn't compatible with faster memory speeds, can only have max RAM of 8GB, only has two slots for ram and it only supports DDR2, very outdated RAM that doesn't really get made anymore.

Tejas Pandey

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015

Well currently I am using 2gb ddr 3 single memory and would really like to understand that how is it not supporting ddr3 when i am using it for four years

JancoV

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014
Oh sorry then, guess I had the wrong motherboard in mind. Is it possible for you to get the exact name of your motherboard?
If you have DDR3 then any memory speed equal to or faster than your board's supported speed would work on your motherboard.
I would recommend DDR3-1333 since that is the highest speed I could find between all the gigabyte G41 boards. As to your original question, yes, your board will be compatible with any of the newer DDR3 sticks of ram. For new sticks of RAM you'll get the best value if you can find Corsair, Kingston or G.Skill DDR3-1333 sticks of RAM, 2x4GB. If you can give me the precise board name, I'll be able to recommend specific RAM sticks.

Tejas Pandey

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015

Well to be specfic this is the manufacturer page of my motherboard
http://www.gigabyte.in/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3505#ov

Tejas Pandey

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015

Thanks for the suggestion but I donot get one thing that whats the difference between those hyperx rams and these rams as comparing the two hyperx looks quite flashy and premium. And if you were to assemble a new pc would get along with true value ones or buy the hyperx and install them whenever you bought the suitable motherboard

JancoV

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014
HyperX is just the brand, like an i5, you get i5-4460 and i5-4490, the hyperX is better and faster than the value ram, therefore if you upgrade your motherboard and it supports them, I would defnitely reccomend rather getting them.