First time build, computer powers up but no signal to any monitors

Lifeisabigride

Reputable
Jul 4, 2015
I've tried just about everything suggested in other solutions but no matter what combination of computer monitor or hdmi plugged into either the mother board or my graphics card will work.

I'm using a asus z87-k mother board and a Nvidia GeForce gt 740 graphics card, the slim version

Solution
disconnect the external power cable. disconnect all drive cables from the drives, remove all cards & ram except for 1 stick but reseat that stick. reseat both power cables from the psu to the motherboard. clear the cmos, re-connect the external power cable then press the power button.
disconnect the external power cable. disconnect all drive cables from the drives, remove all cards & ram except for 1 stick but reseat that stick. reseat both power cables from the psu to the motherboard. clear the cmos, re-connect the external power cable then press the power button.

Solution

Feelgoodrag

Reputable
Jul 5, 2015
First off let's focus on the graphics card for if the graphics card is plugged on integrated video is disabled, have you made sure the graphics card is well seated? If the graphics card needs an external 6/8 pin connector is that plugged in? Are the ram sticks seated well? If all of the above are working fine please give me some more feed back and I can go into much more detail :)