PC to TV HDMI connection works only in 1280x720

Rashid377

Reputable
Aug 7, 2014
Hello good people.

1. I recently bought a 48" tv model sony KDL-48W600B. When I am hooking it up with my pc and set the resolution 1920x1080 there's no signal on the tv. however, when I set it to 1280x720 (on pc), it works.

2. Also in 1280x720 resoultion,the tv shows green scratch-like pixel, but the pc monitor don't show these green pixels.

my gpu GTX 760.

Solution
Possible problem might be the HDMI cable, it might fail at 1920x1080. Longer cables especially suffer from this if they are not of good quatlity.

One possibility is that according to Sony, the TV has only one pc hdmi input that supports 1920x1080 so check which input you are using.

Green scratch like pixel is highly unlikely to be a result from the PC since signal is digital. It is either a fault in TV (should be visible when watching TV too) or something else. (That I have no clue of)
Possible problem might be the HDMI cable, it might fail at 1920x1080. Longer cables especially suffer from this if they are not of good quatlity.

One possibility is that according to Sony, the TV has only one pc hdmi input that supports 1920x1080 so check which input you are using.

Green scratch like pixel is highly unlikely to be a result from the PC since signal is digital. It is either a fault in TV (should be visible when watching TV too) or something else. (That I have no clue of)

Solution